Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Diary of a Whimpy kid (insert eye roll HERE)


Dudie has become a book worm....and what Dudie does you can bet your bottom dollar Mario is 2 step's behind him.
Not that I mind the reading...no no no dont get me wrong. Reading is good for the soul, so much better then a hand held electronic game by far. Its when the reading crosses over and becomes a certain someone's new personality that drives me to the point of jumping into traffic.
I still dont remember how he came across the book's which have a written story and cartoon picture's in each novel. I was excited to say the least at the time he did discover them as Super nintendo Mario took a back seat for a while.
It became a tool of great use for a while there aswell.....Mario became quiet agressive toward's me, mentally and physically. I allowed myself to think out of the square and used this whimpy kid towards the good of the household. One leather bound diary was bought along with a special pen for 'downloading' what was going on in that brian of his. Of course page after page was written in the same contents as his hero BUT he was getting out via his creative bone. I must admit I felt extremely weird reading it the first time...a diary is personal and I really felt like I was treading into his private world BUT it helped me understand and help him find the calm he so needed.
This weekend while food shopping Mario found the DVD of the book and yes I am a sucker and cant say NO so it came home with us....and was promptly watched twice that day and again yesterday. Pleading with him to draw me a picture of himself he came up with the picture attatched, a picture of himself in the same pose as the character on the DVD. Mario then inform's me that the second movie is coming out end of the month....hmmmm thinking, thinking....I can use this to my advantage!!!!

I make a deal with him.

Mario - if you let me take you to the denist about your parana teeth I'll take you on a date to see the movie

thursday the 25th is dentist day....and now date night.

1 comment: